Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Injuries

After I heard about the injury to Kris Benson - Orioles just lost him for the year - it made me start wondering about the Royals....I know someone will get hurt this spring. Let's just hope it's not someone irreplaceable.

Of course Sweeney comes to mind....but I think we can absorb that loss, since we haven't been able to count on his health for quite a while now. He'll probably hurt himself watching TV.......not saying that I want him to get hurt, but there is a silver lining in that scenario - it'd likely speed up Billy Butler's arrival in KC.

Here's hoping that we have a relatively injury-free Spring Training (please - no pitching injuries)......they report this Friday, so get ready for some baseball (finally).

Hope to start having more to write about once ST begins down in Surprise....so look for more regular entries here - I'd like to do at least 3 every week, maybe more.

Thanks to those of you reading.....and go Royals!

2 comments:

ASMR Review said...

Anyone that thinks Sweeney will be healthy is truly a MAD FAN!

Bob said...

agreed. I'll be shocked if he plays more than 80 games this year. I'll just be glad when his contract is off the books!